Chewing with Man's Best Friend
Did you know that most conventional chewing gum is sweetened with either artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols like xylitol? Unfortunately, xylitol is toxic to dogs and can be fatal if they get their paws on a pack. We make our gum free of sugar alcohols so that it's safe if our furry little friends get to it. What else do we know about dogs and their care? Take the quiz below to find out and see if you can compete. (Scroll down to find the answers below).
1. There are more than ______ dog breeds, divided into 8 classes: sporting, hound, working, terrier, toy, non-sporting, herding, and miscellaneous.
2. Contrary to popular belief, dogs do not sweat by salivating. They sweat through the _______.
c) pads of their feet
3. We take taste as seriously as we take dogs. Dogs may not have as many taste buds as we do (they have about 1,700 on their tongues, while we humans have about 9,000), but that doesn’t mean they’re not discriminating eaters. They have over _____ million scent receptors in their noses (we have only 5 million) so it’s important that their food smells good and tastes good.
4. The top five favorite breeds of dogs in the US are: Labrador Retriever, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd, ________, and Dachshund.
a) Cocker Spaniel
5. Our office dog's name is:
To learn more dog facts and for more information on dog adoption, visit https://www.mspca.org.
Photo courtesy of www.psdotny.com.