In Our Kitchen: Fennel Everything
Fennel season is upon us! We use this licorice-y plant in our gum all year round, but it's times like these when we bring fennel home and start working it into our dinners as well.
Fennel bulbs are crunchy and sweet, and the seeds carry an anise-like flavor that seriously cleanses the palette and freshens breath. Fennel can be used in a variety of dishes too- be it the braised, roasted, blended, or even raw variety. (Can you tell we're the founders of the Fennel Fan Club?) Here are some of our favorite Fennel based recipes that Team Simply Gum has been whipping up in our home kitchens.
1. Braised Fennel,via Ottolenghi
2. Carrot Fennel Soup, via Epicurious
3. Watermelon Tomato Salad with Cumin and Fennel, via Food52
4. Grilled Cheddar and Fennel Sandwiches, via Epicurious
5. Braised Chicken Thighs with Carmelized Fennel, via NYT
Photo By Rolmulo Yanes