10 Tips For Breaking Up With Plastic In 2018
At Simply Gum, we're obsessed with reducing our plastic footprint. Regular chewing gum contains plastic, and as you can guess that's not good for you OR the planet. When chewing gum doesn't biodegrade, it ends up as microplastic-- small plastic particles that stay in the environment forever. Simply Gum is made with chicle, the sap from a Sapodilla tree, so it's fully biodegradable and compostable.
One of our New Year's resolutions is to continue reducing our plastic consumption through lifestyle choices. Especially now that China will no longer accept our waste, it's time to start living plastic free. Keep reading for 10 tricks to reduce your plastic consumption.
1. Give up bottled water. Reusable stainless steel bottles are chic and better for the environment!
2. Try to remember to always bring a tote to the store.
3. Avoid buying fresh vegetables that are packaged in plastic. Find a natural grocery store that sells the veggies without packaging, or visit your local farmer's market.
4. Drink loose leaf tea instead of tea bags. Certain tea manufacturers sneak plastic into the bags.
5. Choose an ice cream cone instead of the cup. Treat yourself!
6. Switch from liquid hand soap to bar soap.
7. Use steel or bamboo straws instead of plastic straws.
8. Start using a reusable coffee tumbler for your daily cup of joe!
9. Bring your own hangers to the dry cleaner.
10. Chew Simply Gum!